Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

[BUG - ProGet] Not able to remove container description

• Hello,

I discovered ProGet yesterday and I deployed it today on my Homelab. I'm very happy with its features, I was looking for a free Docker Registry with basic user access levels and ProGet fullfills all my needs.

But I noticed a small bug. When I want to edit the details of my Docker image (by clicking on Edit Details), I'm able to edit and save data correctly. However, when I want to REMOVE the whole short or long description, it seems to not save the data correctly and so, I'm not able to delete the image description.

I think this is a bug.

• inedo-engineer

Definitely sounds like a bug; we've get it logged.

By the way, we've got some real exciting container/registry features coming very soon in ProGet 5.3. Stay tuned!

• @apxltd Thank you very much for the notice 👍 !!

• inedo-engineer

As @apxltd mentioned, we've got a whole bunch planned for ProGet 5.3.

I've logged this to our internal project document, and if it's easy to implement in ProGet 5.2 (I can't imagine it wouldn't be), we'll log it as a bug and ship in a maintence release.

Do note, this is not an IMAGE description, it's a REPOSITORY (i.e. a collection of images with the same name, like MyCoolContainerApp) description; so this means the description will be there on all images/tags in the repository.

• @atripp Really nice to hear 😄 !!

• inedo-engineer

I can confirm this works quite well in 5.3; we hope to have a pre-release this week :)

Here's a sneak peak;

2c1e5806-8028-44dd-9af4-4fe7f81cff8e-image.png

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation