Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Error attempting to Tag a Docker Image

• We have a local ProGet instance on the same server as BuildMaster and while trying to Tag a existing image we are getting the following error.

Unhandled exception: System.InvalidOperationException: The specified working directory C:\ProgramData\BuildMaster\Temp\Service_E138_D0 does not exist.
    at Inedo.Agents.LocalProcess.Start()
    at Inedo.Extensibility.Operations.Operation.<ExecuteCommandLineAsync>d__9.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Inedo.Extensions.Docker.Operations.DockerOperation.<PullAsync>d__14.MoveNext() in C:\ProgramData\BuildMaster\Temp\Service_E6344\Src\Docker\InedoExtension\Operations\DockerOperation.cs:line 181
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Inedo.Extensions.Docker.Operations.TagImageOperation.<ExecuteAsync>d__32.MoveNext() in C:\ProgramData\BuildMaster\Temp\Service_E6344\Src\Docker\InedoExtension\Operations\TagImageOperation.cs:line 78
    at Inedo.BuildMaster.Windows.ServiceApplication.Executions.PlanExecuter.BuildMasterExecuter.<ExecuteActionAsync>d__47.MoveNext()

• inedo-engineer

Hello @tdean_3904,

This appears to be because the Docker extension doesn't create its own working directory automatically. To work around this, add the following operation call right before the Docker operation:

Ensure-Directory
    (
        Name: $WorkingDirectory
    );

• @ben said in Error attempting to Tag a Docker Image:

Ensure-Directory
    (
    Name: $WorkingDirectory
    );

@ben Thank you. That resolved that error but then I get this.
    error during connect: Post http://%2F%2F.%2Fpipe%2Fdocker_engine/v1.40/images/create?fromImage=xxxxx.xxxxxxxx.com%3A443%2Fxrm-docker%2Flibrary%2Fxrmcore-api&tag=2020.1.4-ci.1: open //./pipe/docker_engine: Access is denied. In the default daemon configuration on Windows, the docker client must be run elevated to connect. This error may also indicate that the docker daemon is not running.

It looks like it needs to be ran in powershell with elevated privileges.

• inedo-engineer

What user principle are you running the Inedo Agent under?

The default is LOCAL SYSTEM.

• @atripp Where can I check or change that? What does it need to be to resolve this?

• @atripp I found it. I was unsure since in Task Manager => Services the Group is blank. But on the Details tab I see it is NETWORK SERVICE.

• @tdean_3904 said in Error attempting to Tag a Docker Image:

NETWORK SERVICE

Following line needs to be added to daemon.json under Programdata\docker\config

{

"group" : "Network Service"

}

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation