Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Best way to backup plans version 5.6.11

• My company is currently unable to upgrade to the newest version due to some groups using legacy features. I am trying to figure out the best solution to version controlling the plans my group uses. My question is, do the plans get stored in a location on the deploy server that can be reached from a plan to copy the files elsewhere?

We constantly are changing small things in the plans, so to copy it by hand everytime just wouldnt happen.

• inedo-engineer

Of course, plan versioning is introduced in a later version, and Rafts (which allow for Git-based storage) is coming in 6.2.

I definitely understand the hesitance to upgrade, but worth noting ---- for once 6.2 comes around we'll offer some great migration tactics to let you pull applications from really old versions of BuildMaster. We'll also better support multi-instances of BuildMaster, so each group can upgrade as they'd like.

That said, the Plans database table will contain your OtterScript plans. Not sure if that's a good solution, but pulling from that table will give you latest versions.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation