Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Detect legacy features question

• I've been working to clean up legacy items and I am confused by one aspect.
    In the report it is saying i have legacy template variables but when I view the Variables page in the admin it is not indicating any legacy variables.

So just wanting to clarify what is it this is complaining about?

The main variables I have are release templates and pipeline and while the variable names listed are some I have the log listing the legacy variables is not clear where they are.

Product: BuildMaster
    Version: 6.0.10

• inedo-engineer

These Legacy Template Variables (Release, Build, Execution, Promotion) are defined at the application-level, not at the system-level.

If you View Full Log, you should be able to find a block that looks something like this:

WARN : 2018-02-21 22:37:21Z - Legacy template variable declarations found:
    WARN : 2018-02-21 22:37:21Z - ID: 107;	Name: BUILD-SOURCE;	Scope: Release
    WARN : 2018-02-21 22:37:21Z - ID: 92;	Name: BUILD-SOURCE;	Scope: Release
    WARN : 2018-02-21 22:37:21Z - ID: 108;	Name: BUILD-SOURCE;	Scope: Release
    WARN : 2018-02-21 22:37:21Z - ID: 109;	Name: BUILD-SOURCE;	Scope: Release
    WARN : 2018-02-21 22:37:21Z - ID: 111;	Name: BUILD-SOURCE;	Scope: Release
    WARN : 2018-02-21 22:37:21Z - ID: 112;	Name: BUILD-SOURCE;	Scope: Release
    WARN : 2018-02-21 22:37:21Z - ID: 113;	Name: BUILD-SOURCE;	Scope: Release

If that's not enough information to locate, you can look directly in the SQL Server Database to find out.

• Alana,
    are those in the Application | Settings? If so then I do know where they are now.
    I've used those in almost every application.

• inedo-engineer

Yes. But hmm ... maybe it's a disabled application? You should be able to find those in the VariableDeclarations table; those IDs refer to those.

• Are the Id's listed supposed to match the Variable Id? I'm referring the number values not the string values.
    When I view the Global Variables area should they be in a Legacy Variables list? I do see variables there but do not see any Legacy list.

• inedo-engineer

Without seeing your log, I really don't know. But in this case...

WARN : 2018-02-21 22:37:21Z - ID: 107;	Name: BUILD-SOURCE;	Scope: Release

We have a legacy release template variable called "BULID-SOURCE". This will only show up in an application's settings page, it will not show up under global.

So how can we find the application? well, if I run this query, SELECT Scoped_Application_Id FROM VariableDeclarations WHERE VariableDeclaration_Id=107 I can find the application id. From there, I can enter it in the navigation bar, and find the variables.

• Alana,
    thanks. I didn't realize those variables did not appear in that list, thought that was all variables.
    In any event, knowing they are app settings variables helps.

Thanks!

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation