Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Error when updating Proget version and error in the NuGet_GetPackages procedure.

• Hello, I'm having an issue when updating the Proget version. It's throwing the following error related to the NuGet_GetPackages procedure: "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot resolve the collation conflict between 'Latin1_General_CS_AS' and 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS' in the equal to operation" (the complete error log is attached in the post). However, even though this error is reported, the Proget version is updated. But when I open the feed that contains the NuGet Packages, I encounter the error shown in the screenshot below.

3b876603-8028-496a-b1a7-634d423ce526-image.png

We've already checked the collation of the database, and it's set as "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS." Additionally, the database version is SQL Server 2017 (the database settings screenshot is attached in the post), and the server is Windows Server 2012 R2. What can I do to resolve the version update issue, and could this problem be related to the NuGet Packages not displaying in the feed? If it's not related, what can I do to resolve the issue in the screenshot as well?

Database Settings.png

Log Error:

INFO: Executing untracked script OBJECTS/4.PROCEDURES/1.NuGet_GetLatestStablePackages.sql...
    INFO: Executing untracked script OBJECTS/4.PROCEDURES/1.NuGet_GetMatchingSymbols.sql...
    INFO: Executing untracked script OBJECTS/4.PROCEDURES/1.NuGet_GetPackage.sql...
    INFO: Executing untracked script OBJECTS/4.PROCEDURES/1.NuGet_GetPackageIds.sql...
    INFO: Executing untracked script OBJECTS/4.PROCEDURES/1.NuGet_GetPackages.sql...
    ERROR: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) ERROR: at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) ERROR: at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) ERROR: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) ERROR: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
    ERROR: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    ERROR: at Inedo.DbUpdater.SqlServer.SqlServerDatabaseConnection.ExecuteQueryWithSplitter(String query, SqlTransaction transaction)
    ERROR: at Inedo.DbUpdater.SqlServer.SqlServerDatabaseConnection.ExecuteScripts(IEnumerable`1 scripts, ChangeScriptState state)
    ERROR: at Inedo.DbUpdater.Program.Update(String scriptPath, String connectionString, Boolean force)
    ERROR: at Inedo.DbUpdater.Program.Run(ArgList args)
    ERROR: at Inedo.DbUpdater.Program.Main(String[] args)
    ERROR: Unhandled Exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CS_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
    ERROR: Process exited with code: -532462766 (failure)

• inedo-engineer

Hi @lucas-almeida_8120 ,

This error implies that there's some kind of database corruption or other error that happened while updating the database a while ago. But it's hard to say; this is the first time I've seen this error.

Unfortunately, unless I were to analyze a backup of your database and try to reproduce the installation/upgrade, I won't be able to offer any guidance or scripts that could repair the state of things.

From here, I would recommend rolling back to whatever version was working, then starting a new ProGet server and importing your packages.

Best,
    Alana

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation