Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Mixing ProGet Instances

• Hello,

I've freshly started working as an intern at a relatively large company and I was assigned a task, where I'll create a webapp, which will be used cooperate-internally (won't be published or used for commercial use).

My company already has a paid instance of ProGet which is hosted by another department. The instance, however, does not provide any Maven-Feeds, which is needed for my project and the waiting times for them to setup a Maven-Feed will be quite high.

Assuming, I were to work on a project where the frontend uses our already hosted npm-Feed from the paid instance: Would it violate any licencing terms or such, if my own department were to host a free instance of ProGet to provide a Maven-Feed? Is it even permissible to host one paid-instance and one free-instance in the same company to begin with?

I'm grateful for any help I can get.

• inedo-engineer

Hi @cimen-eray1_6870 ,

Great questions; there's no problem having a second instance with ProGet Free Edition.

The relevant restriction is that you can't use a Connector in ProGet Free Edition to connect to another instance of ProGet (either another Free Edition or your paid edition).

Hopefully you can use your Maven feed as a proof of concept for implementing it in the main instance. Good luck!

Cheers,
    Steve

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation