Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

BuildMaster -> Re-execute from last failed action and Windows services Start/Stop commands issues.

• I would like to share some information about two issues for which I was not able to find a solution:

BuildMaster version: 5.8.3 (Build 7)

1. Re-execute from last failed action button is re-executing the whole pipeline stage (from the beginning) instead of the current action of which the deployment failed.
      Pipeline configurations have been checked as well as the design of the deployment plan, no issues could be found.

2. Windows extension commands for Start/Stop service are crashing if the deployment is being made after server boot up. A deployment without any crashes is possible after 30 minutes or so after server start or reboot.
      Logs from BM:
      An unhandled exception occurred while executing this action: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Windows' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
      File name: 'Windows'
      at Inedo.BuildMaster.Extensibility.Agents.LegacyTcp.TcpAgentClient.RunJob(ITcpAgentCommand command, Action2 log) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task1.InnerInvoke()
      at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
      --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
      at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
      at Inedo.TaskExtensions.Result[TResult](Task`1 task)
      at Inedo.Agents.RemoteJobExecuter.ExecuteJob(IRemoteJobExecuter jobExecuter, RemoteJob job)
      at Inedo.BuildMaster.Extensibility.Actions.RemoteActionBase.ExecuteRemoteCommand(String name, String[] args)
      at Inedo.BuildMaster.Extensibility.Actions.ActionBase.ExecuteInternal(IActionExecutionContext context, ExtensionConfigurerBase extensionConfigurer, Boolean resumeNextOnError, Boolean logErrorsAsWarnings)

I would like to ask if anyone has experienced these issues or is aware of a solution?

Thanks!

• inedo-engineer

Hi @mihajlo_7906 ,

It looks like you're using legacy functionality (i.e. from BuildMaster v4 and earlier) within a legacy version (v5) of BuildMaster.

Re-execute from last failed action button is re-executing the whole pipeline stage (from the beginning) instead of the current action of which the deployment failed.

The "Re-execute from Last Failed Action" is only displayed on some Legacy Plan executions, and it can't work on all plans. I'm not sure why it doesn't work in your case, but we no longer have such functionality on for non-legacy (OtterScript) executions, so I can't guess why it doesn't work.

An unhandled exception occurred while executing this action: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Windows' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

This error is saying that the "Windows" extension file (Windows.upack or Windows.bmx, depending on the configuration) didn't load.

This is why why deployments fail. The most common reason for this is file locking (anti virus, etc.), but you can use tools like Procmon to see what's going on. Loading an extension involves unzipping it and loading the enclosed .dll from disk.

Cheers,
    Alana

• Hi @NanciCalo, thank you for the details regarding the occurring issues.
    I will surely look up on the solution for the "Windows" file issue and review the updating option for BM version.

Thank you for the fast response!

Cheers,
    Mihajlo

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation