Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

No option for NuGet package path under Advanced Settings

• We are running ProGet v5.3.37 in Linux Containers and we are not seeing a way to set the "Storage.*" path for NuGet feeds under "Administration" >> "Advanced Settings". We are able to set Python, NPM, etc. The only way we have found to do this is editing each NuGet/Powershell feed individually under the "Manage Feed" >> "Storage and Retention".

Is there a specific reason there's not a more general path setting for those or just an oversight?

• inedo-engineer

Hi @kichikawa_2913,

NuGet will always use a .nugetv2 folder under the packages root path, unless you customize it at the Feed level. If you change the Storage.PackageRootPath, it will change the location of the .nugetv2 folder. I will note though, if you change the Storage.PAckageRootPath, it will also update any other feed type path that has not already been changed. Currently the only way you can customize the NuGet storage path is at the Feed level.

Thanks,
    Dan

• @Dan_Woolf thank you for the swift reply! We do have Storage.PackageRootPath set and we setup NFS shares for each type of package under that path that we host internally (Python, NuGet, Powershell, etc.) but just noticed an explicit NuGet path is not available unless you go to each feed.

Unless there's some under-the-hood functionality between nugetV2 and nugetv3 that would prevent it, I think it would be nice to have a setting like the others at a global scope for NuGet for consistency.

• inedo-engineer

Hi @kichikawa_2913 ,

I think it's this way for "historic reasons" - mostly all the other feed types came later, and it seems no one ever changes these paths or noticed.

Easy enough to make it configurable, but can you share your use case? Why do you want to use something other than a single root path with all of your packages?

Anyway I added a feature for this, and we should be able to get it in the next maintenance release PG-2006

Cheers,

Steve

• @stevedennis sorry for such a delayed reply. Our use case is simply because when we setup our shares on our SAN we setup a share per package type (python, NuGet, etc) just in case of the need to more granularly control backups/maintenance of the shares. We may run into different issues/needs depending on the package type or we may not, just wanted to have the ability.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation