Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Delete Files / Directory in Asset Directories via PS/CLI/API

• Hi Everyone!

working with Proget is really great and i'm slowly getting my superiors to license it for with the Basic plan.
    So far so good, but i need some help regarding the Asset Directories.

Uploading and so on is fine, only the deletion of files and folders causes us some headache.

We tried to delete it via script on the share where the directory is located at, but the webinterface stil shows those deleted files.

Does someone have any hints to share? As far as we got, we were using curl.

Best regards!

Dennis

• inedo-engineer

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the feedback! You should be able to delete files/folders using the Asset Directory Delete API. Using curl, it should look something like this:

curl -X POST http://proget/endpoints/<AssetDirName>/delete/<path to directory>

We are actually focusing on Asset Directory improvements for the upcoming ProGet v6.0 release, so if you see any gaps or problems be sure to let us know!

-Greg

• Hi Greg!

thank you very much for your example. With that we were able to make it work! Can't wait for the upcoming update and what cool stuff it brings to the table!

Kind Regards

Dennis

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation