Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

ProGet 5.3.6 SQL Exception

• Hi,

I upgraded today from ProGet 5.3.5 to 5.3.6 and now the webpage gives the following error:
    Could not find stored procedure 'DashboardFeeds_GetWithCombinedBlobStorage'.

Here is the full stack trace if you want:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Could not find stored procedure 'DashboardFeeds_GetWithCombinedBlobStorage'.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.<>c.<ExecuteDbDataReaderAsync>b__180_0(Task`1 result) +47
       System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationResultTaskFromResultTask`2.InnerInvoke() +101
       System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() +70
       System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() +31
       System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +60
       Inedo.Data.<CreateAsync>d__14.MoveNext() +348
       System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +60
       Inedo.Data.<ExecuteInternalAsync>d__37.MoveNext() +1400
       Inedo.Data.<ExecuteInternalAsync>d__7.MoveNext() +364
       Inedo.Data.<ExecuteTableAsync>d__36`1.MoveNext() +373
       Inedo.ProGet.WebApplication.Pages.<CreateBottomPanels>d__5.MoveNext() +3244
       Inedo.ProGet.WebApplication.Pages.<CreateChildControlsAsync>d__2.MoveNext() +633
       Inedo.ProGet.WebApplication.Pages.<InitializeAsync>d__3.MoveNext() +201
       Inedo.Web.PageFree.<ExecutePageLifeCycleAsync>d__46.MoveNext() +220
       Inedo.Web.PageFree.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__45.MoveNext() +323
       System.Web.TaskAsyncHelper.EndTask(IAsyncResult ar) +59
       Inedo.Web.Handlers.AsyncHandlerWrapper.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +33
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.InvokeEndHandler(IAsyncResult ar) +234
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.OnAsyncHandlerCompletion(IAsyncResult ar) +169

Is this a known issue or should I revert?

• inedo-engineer

Hi @gravufo ,

Did you get any errors during the upgrade process? Also, could you download inedosql and check for errors from the inedosql GitHub page?

Thanks,
    Rich

• @rhessinger Hey, thanks for the reply. I tried to run it and get no output with the following command:
    > .\inedosql.exe errors --all --connection-string="Server=localhost;Database=ProGet;Integrated Security=true;"

I also had no error when upgrading. I can't find any upgrade logs in %TMP% or %PROGRAMDATA%.

• inedo-engineer

Hi @gravufo,

Would you be able to rerun the database scripts on your database? You will just need to run the Run inedosql to update the database step of our manual install guide. Can you see if this fixes your issue?

Thanks,
    Rich

• @rhessinger Thanks for the fast reply!! The manual run of the scripts seems to have fixed the issue! Maybe something in the installer is not running correctly? Not sure.

I will keep an eye on things to make sure everything else works fine, but you at least helped me get the site running :)

Thanks again

PS: I use the traditionnal installer normally.

• inedo-engineer

Hi @gravufo,

Great! Glad to hear it! Please post back if you find anything else.

I also recommend that you switch to the Inedo Hub in the future. We are in the process of deprecating our traditional installer. The Inedo Hub has the ability to update an installation previously installed with the traditional installer and the Inedo Hub now supports offline installations as well, if you need that functionality.

Thanks,
    Rich

• @rhessinger Good to know, I will try to switch to that. The thing I liked about the traditionnal installer was that I could easily keep old versions in case I need to reinstall, does the Hub provide such functionality?

• inedo-engineer

Hi @gravufo,

The Inedo Hub lets you select which version you would like to install from a dropdown. You can also customize the feed that you would like to look for those packages. If that does not cover what you are looking for, technically you could generate offline installers for each version you would like to keep.

Thanks,
    Rich

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation