Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.
If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!
Bug Report: Deploy IIS Site generates invalid otter script if you choose Create/Update Application (VM 2026.1)
-
I am trying to set up a simple IIS deploy where it deploys to an application and ensures that application exists. I filled out the wizard and then I tested it and it failed. When I researched why it failed I discovered it was not filling in the arguments correctly of the IIS:Ensure-Application command. If I click the Edit as script button I get the following script for that command:
IIS::Ensure-Application ( Name: /CStore.API, Site: WebApps, AppPool: DefaultAppPool, PhysicalPath: C:\IIS\CStore.API );The visual editor looks like this:

You'll notice there is no record of the Name (/CStore.API). If I fill in Application path on that form, save it, and flip back to the text editor you get this:
IIS::Ensure-Application /CStore.API ( Name: /CStore.API, Site: WebApps, AppPool: DefaultAppPool, PhysicalPath: C:\IIS\CStore.API );Name is still there but now you can see that same value is added else where. I'm hoping this is something you are willing to fix so I can use the Wizard as it claims to be instead of having to use a custom script. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
For the record after finishing this post I went ahead and saved my manual change to the script that I did via the UI for the above info and it worked when I tested it again. I realize I have a work around but the wizard is an important feature for maintenance. I'm ok if the fix isn't quick as long as it can be added to the to do list.
Thank you,
Brandon -
@brandon_owensby_2976 thanks for the heads up; we'll add this to our roadmap to fix.
-
Thank you
-
Hi @inedo-engineer , I was just curious about voting/reputation. I did some digging and I have no reputation because no one ever votes on my tickets. When I did research apparently one thing that can help is doing a good job reporting bugs. Can you tell me why bugs are not good enough? Or do you guys have a policy against voting on users stuff so the only way I can get a vote or uptick in my reputation is by non employees?
-
This is a generic forums system that we're using for public-facing support of a niche software product, so most of the features like voting/reputation don't really apply.
Honestly I didn't even know those were features.... we recently upgraded the software, so maybe these were added? Anyway I just disabled them since we don't use them :)
We have internal tracking for everything - either as a scheduled YouTrack ticket (which we link to) or a roadmap item (internal project tracking) that we periodically review and schedule as tickets.
Thanks,
Steve
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login