Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.
If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!
ProGet: Delete Asset History Files
-
Hello,
We had asset feed versioning enabled but have since disabled it. There is a large chunk of disk taken up by the history folder and so we would like to delete the files. How do we go about deleting the versioning history of asset feed?
It has created a new folder in our file system called
F7\._proget_file_history_, but I am assuming this one folder is shared between all asset feeds? I didn't want to go deleting all files from the file system in case they are being used by other versioned assets feeds.Thanks,
Ashley -
Hi @Ashley,
The
F7\._proget_file_history_, is specific to the Feed with an ID 7. I'm guessing that is the asset feed that you disabled the history on. You can verify the ID by navigating to the Asset Directory, then click the Manage Directory button. Then in the URL you will seeFeedId=. That number will be your feed id and should match 7. If so, then you can just deleteF7\._proget_file_history_.Please note, if you delete that folder and re-enable versions, the version history will no longer exist.
Thanks,
Rich -
Hi @rhessinger ,
Thanks for the response, I'm pretty sure the ID of the feed I disabled the version history on was ID
29. I can't find a feed with ID 7, we have a 6 and 8 though!Can you confirm if the history is related to one specific feed, if it is then I can delete the directory - we don't care about it anymore.
Cheers,
Ashley -
Hi @Ashley,
I can confirm that
F7\._proget_file_history_is specific to the Feed with an ID 7.Thanks,
Rich
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login