Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Proget download timeout when waiting for file to be scanned

• Hello Team,
    i have installed the free version and i have created a pypi feed with connector to pypi.org via proget standard configuration.
    when i am trying to download a package through proget's pypi proxy i get timeout because the file is being scanned in my internet proxy's icap server.
    is there a way to increase any timeout in proget to help me deal with this ? i do not want to disable the AV scanning.

Thank you,
    Udi

• inedo-engineer

Hi @udi-moshe_0021 ,

You're going to get a lot of headaches trying to use server-side virus/malware scanning with a tool like ProGet and we do not support using such tools in conjunction with ProGet.

These types of tools are hyperaggressive and really dumb -- they often quarantine "dangerous" files like .dll, block "malicious" files like Javascript, or think that ProGet loading plugins is "malware behavior".

In addition, the tools are totally unnecessary, as ProGet already has vulnerability detection built in.

Cheers,
    Alana

• Hi @atripp ,

thank you for the info and clarification.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation