Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

3rd Party Repository Feed error

• Whenever I try to create a feed on a 3rd party repository using "Create New Feed" -> "Maven Artifacts" -> "Connect to Another Feed," it ends with a 500 error. Although the wizard creates a suitable connector, it doesn't create the feed itself. I have to manually recreate it afterward with "No Connectors (private artifacts only)" and then manually connect it with the connector.
    Is this a Bug or expected behaviour?

• inedo-engineer

Hi @proget-markus-koban_7308,

This is not expected behavior. Can you please tell me which version of ProGet you are using?

Thanks,
    Rich

• Hi Rich,
    we updated to Version 2023.33 (Build 1) yesterday and we still got the error.

• inedo-engineer

I have a feeling that there was a problem connecting to the third-party Maven index. Which third-party Maven index where you trying to connect to? Also, can you try creating a blank Maven feed and then add the connector to it and see if you can pull artifacts from it? This would help to point us in a direction of where the issue may exist.

Thanks,
    Rich

• Hello Rich,

the issue seems to be that when creating the feed, 2 connectors are being created. One connector has the predefined name, while the other is generated arbitrarily from existing feed names.
    Example:
    Create Feed > Maven Artifacts> Connect to another Feed> Connect to another Feed>
    Connector name: test-connector
    Endpoint URL: http://www.dcm4che.org/maven2
    Name Feed>
    Feed Name: test-feed
    Create Feed>

After creating the feed, the following 2 connectors exist:

test-connector
    npm-internal (named after another existing feed)
    In the event log, you can see that first the correct connector is created, then the feed is created. After that, a second connector is created, which is the only one associated with the feed.

regards
    Markus

• inedo-engineer

Thank you for all the extra detail. I was able to recreate this issue and fix it as part of, PG-2628. This fixed will be released this Friday in ProGet 2023.34 and 2024.1.

Thanks,
    Rich

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation