Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Otter Free - unauthenticated users with Admin access

• Hello!
    Based on Otter licence documentation there should be the same behavior for unauthenticated users in Otter Free as is in the BuildMaster Free - i.e. "View-only" access. In BuildMaster there was a button at Users & Tasks page (/administration/security/tasks) that switched unauthenticated users from "Full-access" to "View-only" access. But there is no such button in Otter. Is there some hidden configuration option for that?

• inedo-engineer

Hi there, I'm afraid the documentation is incorrect 😢

There is no such way to do that in the current version, so for the time being all users will have full access.

However, the next version of Otter is in the works, and it's going to be great; not only will it run as as a container on Linux, but we're making a lot of UI improvements so that you can do things like run PowerShell / Shell directly as a job.

We'll be bringing over things from BuildMaster as well, like the combined script page, Job Template Variables - and also the pseduo-users like Anonymous, Authenticated, and Everyone.

You will then be able to add/restrict users just like BuildMaster, though all users will still be full admins.

• Thank you for your reply. That's great news, I'm really looking forward to the new version.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation