Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

BuildMaster Service stops on its own

• We recently changed our SQL instance that the BuildMaster database is served on to SQL 2016. The database is set to run in compatibility mode as SQL 2012.

Since this recent change I have noticed that our BuildMaster service ends up in a stopped state maybe once or twice a day. I restart through the UI and am able to deploy through BuildMaster with no apparent issues.

Looking at Event Viewer I can tell that this server hasn't been rebooted during the times I have noticed the service ends up stopped.

Looking at the LogMessages table in BuildMaster I see a few entries for SQL timeouts that have occurred on the days that I have had to restart the service.

What could be causing this problem?
    What ways can I further investigate what is going on with the BuildMaster service?

Thanks

Product: BuildMaster
    Version: 4.8.6

• Sounds like the service is crashing because of connectivity problems with SQL Server; this is expected behavior, as the service cannot operate without a database and will crash if it can't be reestablished after a few tries.

This is why it's not logged in BuildMaster's error logs (as those are stored in the database). You could see it in the Windows Event Log however.

Short of fixing connectivity problems, you can just set service to auto-recover.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation