Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Feature Request: Comments Field for Config File Deployment

• My company would like to use BuildMaster to audit configuration file changes. We have a legacy external system that logs all our Change Controls, and I'd like to reference that system using a comment each time I deploy a Change Control. This field would be similar to the comments field used elsewhere in BuildMaster like on builds.

Is there a better place to make this request?

• When you edit a configuration file, there is a field for "Change Comments" underneath the release number field - and these comments will appear in the Release Overview. Is that what you're looking for?

At the moment this forum is perfect for making feature requests.

• Sorry I read that wrong... do you mean when you deploy the config files manually you want to see a comments field? We could definitely add that to our list of features to implement.

• Yes, I would like a comments field for when I deploy a config file. I already liberally use the comments field when editing. Thanks!

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation